DIARY OF A LAGOS CORPER (DAY 4)




With a stomach filled with plantain and egg and asun let me tell y’all what happened today. Woke up by 4:30am, took my bath and headed to the parade ground, before I forget, I misplaced my cap(I still can’t figure out how it happened) and without it I’ll be getting into a lot of trouble with the soldiers,I didn’t write my name on it and I can’t buy at the market because it is “contraband” so I have to try my best to avoid the soldiers for as long as I can. After parades I headed back to the room and went back to the parade ground by 9am for the most boring lecture I’ve ever attended(maybe after my economics lectures in secondary school), I found my self a very low-key spot to sit and I dozed off till the lectures ended. Then we had the longest break ever(from 12pm-4pm) don’t we just love Fridays?. Then we went back by 4pm and marched till 7pm. The platoon commander kept dragging me to the front of the line and I don’t know why. After that I went to mammy market to get dinner. You need to see the way girls are linking up with guys to buy them food at mammy they act all flirty all because of food that can’t be over a thousand naira, wo let me go and watch movies jare. And also my ankle is all good now. Goodnight my people 😘😘.

Eni.O.Precious
#DiaryOfALagosCorper
© Zoesgem

Comments