DIARY OF A LAGOS CORPER DAY 3




Last night was my best night so far. Me and the girls figured out a way to make our nights longer (sleeping early and not taking our baths until after morning parades that way we can sleep longer) and it worked out well for us all. We got up at about 4am and proceeded straight to the parade ground. Today was swearing in and we stood for hours as always. I thought swearing in was for us to be official corps members and the hosts are supposed to welcome us to their state, correct me if I’m wrong. If this is true then why are we the ones standing????. They claim they’re training us to face the outside world, how does march past and standing all day help us achieve that??. That aside the ceremony wasn’t as long as I anticipated. After it ended I retired to my bed again and then reassembled on the parade ground by 4pm. We marched and I sprained my ankle(for real this time 😭 ). I went to the red cross bay and laid down for a little while.
P.S I tried camp food for the first time today and I’m not doing it again. I had to use water to push down the rice 😭 😭. Worst food I’ve eaten this year.  Let me go and sleep jare. Goodnight fam ❤ ❤

ENI.O.PRECIOUS
#DiaryOfALagosCorper
©Zoesgem

Comments